in the Market
Butylhydroxytoluene (ionol, agidol, BHT) is a food additive that serves as an effective antioxidant, being a synthetic analogue of vitamin E.
It is most relevant for the antioxidation of animal fats used during frying and baking, because it withstands high-temperature processing, retaining its qualities and preventing rancidification.
White crystals, free of foreign matter.
- animal fats (melted, culinary, confectionery fats)
- bakery products (bread, croutons, crackers, diet bread, etc.)
- bouillon cubes
- melted cheeses, butter
- chewing gum
- canned meat and fish, lard
- potato chips, instant mashed potatoes
- nutritional supplements
- cosmetics, pharmaceuticals
100 mg per 1 kg of fat (melted animal fats, vegetable oils for use in the food production under high temperatures, etc.).