in the Market
Potassium sorbate (potassium salt of sorbic acid) is a preservative that actively suppresses yeast, mold fungi and some types of bacteria, as well as the effect of enzymes. This increases the shelf life of the products. Potassium sorbate does not have a microbicidal effect. It only slows down the development of microorganisms.
Potassium sorbate is highly water-soluble.
If the recommended dosage is observed, potassium sorbate does not affect the taste of canned products. It withstands heat treatment.
White crystalline powder or granules, almost odorless, neutral taste.
Areas of application
- cheeses (hard and melted)
- dairy and sour milk products, farmer cheese, sour cream, condensed milk
- drinks, fruit juices, wines with residual sugar, beer
- confectionery, chocolate and praline fillings, cream, fillings
- fish processing, fish products and canned fish, caviar
- preserves, jams, puree, pickled vegetables, fruit and vegetable products and canned products, frozen fruits and berries, dried fruits
- mayonnaises, ketchups, mustard, marinades and other sauces
- salads (vegetable, fish, meat, etc.)
- boiled and hard sausages, sausages, dumplings, minced meat, cutlets
- anti-mold treatment of gelatinous films, meat products, the surface of bread and bakery products, food packaging
- pharmaceutical, cosmetic and tobacco industries
Method of Application
Potassium sorbate is dissolved in cold or warm drinking water. This solution is thoroughly mixed with the product or used for surface treatment.