in the Market
Tara gum (gum from the seeds of the Peruvian tara tree) is a heat- and acid-resistant thickener, consistency stabilizer and water-retaining agent. It is water-soluble and forms highly viscous aqueous solutions, but insoluble in ethanol and organic solvents.
Odorless white to yellowish powder.
- regulates bread texture and starch crystallization and retrogradation
- prevents staling
- prevents syneresis (stratification) and sedimentation
- increases resistance to freeze/thaw cycles
- maintains a stable consistency of cloudy soft drinks and juices
- other spreads, including low-calorie ones
0.2-0.5% of the weight of the finished product